Van Persie criticizes United team-mates after Olympiakos defeat

Rooney-Carrick-RVP Olympiakos
Manchester United striker Robin van Persie, has admitted that his team-mates are making it “more difficult” for him to find space and this has made him adjust his game at his own expense.

The Dutchman was speaking after United were beaten 2-0 by Olympiakos in the Champions League on Tuesday. Van Persie, who missed a golden opportunity to grab an away goal, hinted that he was struggling under David Moyes.

“Sometimes I try to find ways to do more but in the areas I wanted to play, my team-mates were often there. This makes it difficult for me,” Van Persie told NOS.

“Then I have to change my tactics to suit my team-mates, and play outside my zone. It’s a pity.
“We played too slow and could therefore create little.

“I rushed that shot. That’s a shame because I don’t get a lot of chances so when you get one, you have to score.”

Inspite of everything, the former Arsenal captain refused to blame Moyes for United’s poor performances this season.

“He’s working hard at it, and so are we. Sometimes we play well, but not all the time. We don’t have luck on our side.

“It’s easy to point the finger at someone, but I’m not like that. We have to do better.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I love Falcao and Cavani” – Wenger

We are not part of Lagos APC – APGA

ASUU strike update: Don’t send your children to school, we won’t teach them – Lecturers warn parents