Joel Campbell eager to return to Arsenal

Joel Campbell-United
Joel Campbell has said that he is determined to return to Arsenal and prove his worth to Arsene Wenger.

The striker who is currently on loan at Olympiakos, scored a stunning second as the Greek club defeated English champions Manchester United 2-0 in the Champions League on Tuesday.

The Costa Rican, who signed for the Gunners three years ago, but has been sent on loan, as he tries to get a work permit to play in England.

Speaking ahead of Tuesday’s match, Campbell told Sky Sports: “As soon as Arsenal came, I wanted to join them and I believe I am ready to play for Arsenal next season.

“I know I have the capacity to play there. I am only waiting for the opportunity. With hard work I know I can get there.

“United showed an interest in me when I was moving to Europe but I have been an Arsenal fan since I was a child and that’s why I chose them.”

The 21-year-old has scored eight times for Costa Rica in 30 senior international matches and is now eligible for a work permit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I love Falcao and Cavani” – Wenger

We are not part of Lagos APC – APGA

ASUU strike update: Don’t send your children to school, we won’t teach them – Lecturers warn parents