I will go elsewhere if I am no longer wanted in PDP – Oyinlola

A former Osun State governor, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, has affirmed that the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state will collapse without his support, stressing that he would decamp to another party if he’s no longer needed in the PDP.

Oyinlola, stated this yesterday while addressing party supporters at the Odo Otin Grammar School, Okuku, his country home in Osun State.

The former governor who is one of the leaders of the New PDP described Alhaji Bamanga Tukur as a dictator for running the affairs of the party without recourse to the provisions of the constitution.

According to him, his fight with Tukur started immediately after they both assumed office in March 2012.
Oyinlola explained that Tukur appointed a Chief of Staff and Media Aides which was against the party’s constitution.

The former governor noted that his position as the National Secretary of the party that those aides should not be paid from the party’s purse led to the problem between him and Tukur.

He also said that President Goodluck Jonathan had severally victimised him because of his relationship with Gen. Ibrahim Babangida whom he said he had known for over 30 years.

He said, “I am happy that despite the threat that you should no longer associate with me, you still come out in large number to honour me. God will honour you all. Without my support, it will be impossible for the PDP to win the governorship election in Osun State.

“They can only go round to campaign with what they intend to do, but if I follow them I will tell the people what I have done in the state.”

Asked if he could join the All Progressive Congress, Oyinlola said, “ I will go elsewhere if I am no longer wanted.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I love Falcao and Cavani” – Wenger

We are not part of Lagos APC – APGA

ASUU strike update: Don’t send your children to school, we won’t teach them – Lecturers warn parents