Couple accuse Proprietor, headmistress of conniving to sell their only child in Enugu

More than three months after Master Emmanuel Ifeanyichukwu Okenwa was declared missing, his whereabouts remain unknown.

For his parents, it would have been better had they seen the corpse of their only child, at least they would bury bid him finally goodbye.

But that is not the case, as nobody has seen nor heard anything about 4-year old Ifeanyi since 2nd July, 2013, when he was allegedly handed over to an unknown lady, who had come to pick him from school at May Blossom Nursery School, Achara Layout, Enugu.

In agony, his parents told DailyPost that the school authorities could not in any way be exonerated from the disappearance of their child.
Missing boy - Emmanuel Ifeanyichukwu OkenwaThey raised the following posers for the authorities of the school: who handed over Ifeanyi to the lady in question? Did the lady present any evidence from the parents showing that they sent her to pick up the child? Does the school no longer make use of ID cards it issued to parents and guardians? Why didn’t the school authorities call any of the parents on phone numbers? Till date, all these questions have remained unanswered.

In a petition addressed to the National Human Rights Commission and made available to DailyPost, Mr. Okenwa, a staff with the Arab Construction Company accused the school proprietor, the headmistress and the class teacher of conniving to sell his child.

According to him, “on 2nd of July, while I was work with Arab Construction Company at Nsukka, I received a phone call from my wife- Mrs. Chinasa Okenwa. She informed me that our son is missing
from school. She told me that I should rush back home because when she went to bring him from school, that is, May Blossom Nursery School of No. 9 Igbariam Street, Achara Layout, Enugu, she was told by the school Head Mistress and Class Teacher, that is, Mrs. Nwisugbe Chioma and Mrs. Mgbemene Fransica said that one unknown lady came for my son and they allowed the lady to take my son away. My son’s name is Master Emmanuel Ifeanyichukwu Okenwa, four years and two months old.

“The Headmistress, the class teacher and the unknown lady connived and kidnapped my son. How can the headmistress and the class teacher allow an unknown lady to take my son away without any identification card which the school authority issued to all parents and guardians for permission before taking any kid/ward away from school? My son was taken away from his school around 9 am without notice and confirmation. The Headmistress and the class teacher did not see it proper to call the child’s parents to confirm whether it was the parents that sent an unknown lady without any I. D Card. The school authority was furnished with all kids/wards parents’ phone numbers.

“Again, I was informed that a week or two weeks before the kidnapping of my son, the same purported class teacher came to conduct one week teaching practice in the school and in the same class where my son belongs. Yes, it was their plan to kidnap my son.

“Before I came back from Nsukka, my younger had gone to Uwani Police Station and reported about the missing child. Together we came to Uwani Police Station and the police took my statements down”.

Parents of missing child
Parents of missing child

He continued that “at Uwani Police Station, after our statements, on 4th July 2013, the headmistress and the class teacher were granted bail. When I asked the I. P. O. the whereabouts of the two women, I was told that they were released on bail for them to go and help in search for my son. That they were asked to report back on 8th July 2013, I told the I.P.O. that I was not happy the way those two women were granted bail in a rush when proper investigation has not been carried out. Those two women with an unknown lady conspired and kidnapped my only son, and they were granted bail in a hurry.

“I was then informed that my case has been transferred to Anti kidnapping Squad, Abakailiki Road, Enugu.
“At Anti Kidnapping Squad, I made another statement and the Headmistress and the class teacher made statements. I was asked to go and bring a photograph of the kidnapped child, which I did. I submitted the photograph and particulars of the kidnapped child with also the particulars of the May Bossom Nursery School, where the incident took place.

“After I had submitted those particulars that would help in making proper announcement and investigation, the police willfully removed the essential information given to them for making the announcement. The name of the school, address and the detailed story of how my son was kidnapped by an unknown lady with the help of the school authority, were all omitted.

“I protested against the executive treatment given to the two women who collaborated with an unknown lady to kidnap and sell my only son. The commander Anti Kidnapping Squad ordered his junior police officers to drive me out of the station after he has had a secret meeting with the proprietor of the school, that is, May Bossom Nursery School. He said that I should go to court.

“The proprietor has shown a clear disdain to my cry against their abduction of my innocent son. She had paid police to stop me from coming into the school to demand for my only son.

“Through her instrumentalities of money, long legs and well connection within the police circle, she is suppressing my cry for proper investigation of the school’s activities and roles in abduction of my child. I do not owe the school in any form whatsoever, I had paid for my son’s school completely and I was receipted.

“To the proprietor, her school is more important far more than the life of an innocent and harmless four (4) year and two months little kid. The proprietor is busy using financial muscle to cover up their crime. She is so callous and unrepentant to the extent that she has the courage to call my wife and accused her that my family is a cult family.

“The questions beginning for answers are these: was my son missing, was he kidnapped within the school under their supervision, protection and control. How can they expect me to believe their concocted story of an unknown lady coming to take my son away by 9: am, without identification card or the school authority confirming from us through our phone numbers, which were with the school authority. How can that happen? The school proprietor, the Headmistress and the class teacher connived and abducted my only son”.

When contacted for her comments, the school proprietor declined comments, claiming that the matter was already in court.

However, as soon as DailyPost asked her to mention the name of the court, she kept mute and switched off her phone after about 20 seconds.

Investigation showed that the matter has not been charged to any court by the police, leaving the couple to their fate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I love Falcao and Cavani” – Wenger

We are not part of Lagos APC – APGA

ASUU strike update: Don’t send your children to school, we won’t teach them – Lecturers warn parents